Monday, December 28, 2009

Arizona trip

I recently completed a excursion to Arizona. It was a photo/show trip with visits to The Grand Canyon, Horseshoe Bend and Las Vegas. I left Santa Cruz early a.m. and drove 10 hours to get to Vegas by nightfall. It was cold but the nightlife and lights of the city were going at a fast and furious state. The next morning I drove to the Grand Canyon and due to the ice on the roads and the numerous truckers it took a lot longer than the 5 hour drive I had expected. The longer drive actually put me in the canyon in the late afternoon and it was as spectacular as everyone has always said. The conditions were bitterly cold but the clarity was great. I then drove to Flagstaff for the evening and left early the next morning for Horseshoe Bend in Page to shoot the Colorado river at a unique vantage point.

So that was the photo part of the trip which was at times boring, cold and very long drives from one location to another. After leaving Page I headed down to my show in Tucson on 4th Ave.
The weather was a nice change from all the snow and the people there were friendly and fun.

All in all I am happy to be back and working on all the new images I got to be added to my website soon.

Wishing everyone a healthy and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment